ABOUT CENTRAL PA CORVETTE CLUB
The Central Pennsylvania Corvette Club, or CPCC, was founded in 1971 by a group of Corvette enthusiasts, who looked to form a Corvette focused club in the Greater Harrisburg area with the mission of encouraging Owners to use and enjoy their Corvettes. Our club members plan and participate in car shows, events and social activities throughout the year. Regulated competition events can include Road Rallyes, Autocrosses or Concours Car Shows. Other activities are scheduled throughout the year to encourage member interaction and participation and typically include ice cream runs, picnics, car cruises, and other outings.
The club maintains a roster of 80-100 members and represents one of the larger clubs in the East Region.
Club members reside primarily in Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York counties; but there are no boundaries.
The Central Pennsylvania Corvette Club celebrated it’s 50th Anniversary in 2021 and continues to follow it’s mission the founding members originally envisioned.
National Council of Corvette Clubs
CPCC has been sanctioned by the National Council of Corvette Clubs, Inc. (NCCC) since 1973 and operates within its established guidelines. NCCC was formed to encourage interactivity between Corvette clubs. It operates the sanction program to provide uniform and fair standards for competition events sponsored by individual Corvette clubs. The NCCC includes 16 regions that encompass the United States. The national membership is comprised of more than 17,350 members. CPCC is part of the East Region that includes Corvette Clubs located in Eastern Pennsylvania, Maryland, Deleware, New Jersey, Washington, D.C., West Virginia and Virginia. The East Region currently has 29 clubs and over 2,600 members.
The Club sponsors, organizes and participates in numerous competition events throughout the year, such as:
- Judged Concours Corvette Shows: Cars are judged for cleanliness and workmanship according to NCCC rules.
- People’s Choice Fun Shows: Winners selected by show participants and/or spectators
- Auto Cross Races: Lowspeed or highspeed racing on a closed course
- Funkahanna: Fun event usually using your Corvette on a parking lot.
- Rallye: Corvette driven on public highways requiring the driver and navigator to follow a specified route and other instructions.
- Economy Run: Rallye type event in which the best gas mileage over a perscribed course wins.
- Drag Racing
The club also organizes various non-competitive events throughout the year such as:
- Car Cruising to points of interest or events
- Occasional one, two and three day Corvette Cruises to points of interest.
- Ice Cream Cruises
- Provide Corvettes for parades and special events.
- Social Activities: picnics, parties, etc.
- Monthly Game/Card nights at members homes and breakfast socials during those long cold winter months.
- Annual Christmas party and awards banquet that includes entertainment, dancing and socializing.
Meeting & Event Information
CPCC is very proud of the contributions the club makes to various charities with the money raised at the events.
Club member meetings are held monthly (good time to socialize).
The Glass Gazette
The Glass Gazette is the monthly newsletter publication of the Central Pennsylvania Corvette Club.
Any contribution to the newsletter is greatly appreciated.
Material is printed on a space available basis as time permits.
Non-Member Subscription Rate – $20.00/yr.
Business Card Ad – $20.00/yr.
Deadline for all newsletter material is the second Friday of each month.